Accelerators, Fellowships, Incubators
- MassChallenge helps startups with no equity taken. Apply for $2M in grants, 4-months of mentorship, office space, and more! For applications for MassChallenge Boston, UK and Israel programs, visit masschallenge.org/apply.
- Social Innovation Forum: Social Business Accelerator
- The Social Innovation Forum’s Social Business Accelerator, now in its 4th year, is accepting applications from New England based social impact businesses. Applicant businesses must be seeking investment to scale. Applications are due December 1, and successful applicants will be invited for first round virtual and final round in-person interviews, with final selections being made by December 23, 2015. This twelve-week accelerator beginning in January 2016 provides a unique opportunity for participants to gain investor visibility, expand their networks, and build capacity. Applications are due December 1st.
- Hult Prize
- The Hult Prize Foundation is a start-up accelerator for budding young social entrepreneurs emerging from the world’s universities. Named as one of the top five ideas changing the world by President Bill Clinton and TIME Magazine, the annual competition for the Hult Prize aims to create and launch the most compelling social business ideas—start-up enterprises that tackle grave issues faced by billions of people. Winners receive $1 Million in seed capital, as well as mentorship and advice from the international business community. Application deadline is December 18th.
- Network listing accelerators, contests, and programs for startups (international)
- Innov8 Social
- List of 50+ Social Innovation Fellowship Programs
PVCC is an international competition and conference designed for two types of students: ones with entrepreneurial ideas, and ones with a passion for start-up valuations. The competition is a stage for undergraduate and MBA students to present business ideas and financial valuations to an audience of entrepreneurial leaders, senior venture capitalists, and top industry professionals from across North America. With mentorship support, a cash prize pool of $5,000, and feedback from experienced professionals, PVCC provides a platform for students to develop and unlock their true potential.
The Lemelson-MIT Program is searching nationwide for the most inventive undergraduate and graduate students to compete for the 2016 Lemelson-MIT Student Prize. The competition is open to undergraduate teams and individual graduate students who have invented tech-based solutions in healthcare, transportation, food and agriculture, or consumer devices.
Graduate students win $15,000 for their portfolio of inventions. Undergraduate teams win $10,000 for their invention. (initial application deadline: Oct. 13, 2015)
- Campus Consciousness Competition
- Cleantech Open
- Cupid’s Cup University of Maryland Business Competition
- OneStart Business Plan Competition
- Rice Business Plan Competition
- Steel Bridge Competition
- MassCEC Catalyst Program
- Innovate Mass
- OneStart $150k Life Sciences Competition (and free business lab space)
- Draper Kaplan Richards Foundation
- Dedicated social entrepreneurs with a developed idea for a non-profit organization with a legal presence in the United States are invited to apply for the Draper Richards Kaplan grant. Awards given to exceptional early-stage US-based organizations tackling important social issues that are national or global in reach and social issue. Founders should be exceptional leaders with a model that has the likelihood to be able to scale, and willing to commit to the company full-time. Application deadline is rolling.
- Venture Well E-Team Program
Our E-Team Program is a competitive national grant program that provides funding of up to $25,000 for students working to commercialize their high-impact science and technology inventions.
If you're a design-driven leader at your university, we'll bring you to NYC to connect you with 99 other top students across the country and some of the most influential creative executives in the world. Every April!